I had screwed up my system(Ubuntu box) by multiple installation of the ATI drivers.
I installed the proprierty ATI drivers from the driver file downloaded from their site named ati-driver-installer-9-3-x86.x86_64.run. Then I reinstalled it again by Envy and also by the Hardware drivers section.
Result - no display on login. Not even booting into recovery console and fixing X-server worked. The bottomline is never screw with your video drivers.
I had to manually remove the fglrx drivers to get back display.
1. Booted into recovery console and fell into root shell.
2. apt-get remove xorg-driver-fglrx
3. But I read in some forum that "....where proprietary drivers are concerned is that Ubuntu/Debian has a conflict resolution system to redirect certain libraries that conflict called dpkg-divert, since binary drivers like ATI and Nvidia especially have a bad habit or creating incompatible libGL.so binaries that blow the system away if they aren't accomodated and removed properly later. Simply removing a package isn't sufficient to remove these package diversions. You need to make sure you purge all packages that are proprietary in order to cleanly remove them. If you have already removed the ATI packages for instance in Ubuntu 8.10 a simple:
dpkg --purge fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-kernel-source xorg-driver-fglrx "
So I did this -
dpkg --purge fglrx-amdcccle fglrx-kernel-source xorg-driver-fglrx
to completely remove the fglrx drivers from my system.
4. Then run the following commands to clean up the /usr/src directory...
rm -r /usr/src/fglrx*
mv fglrx.ko fglrx.ko.old
5. Finally, restore an old xorg.conf config that worked. I had a number of xorg.conf like xorg.conf.20090529181948 ...
Looked for the file using the date that I knew worked at that time and replaced xorg.conf by the following command -
cp xorg.conf.20090529181948 xorg.conf
6. Now reboot.
7. Resume normal boot.
8. I got the login screen working again.
The basic steps are to extract the audio, remove noise, and then re-insert the noise-free audio back into the video wrapper. Step I: Ext...
People claim that the fastest way to send multiple email drafts is to use Gmail IMAP with email client like Outlook or Evolution or Thunderb...
___________________________________________________________________ SWEET HEART FROM AAR JAANI NAA(T-SERIES) -- SWEETHEART -- ...
Audio tracks can be mixed easily in full fledged video editors like kdenlive or Adobe Premiere but for mixing or joining audio they would n...