Workaround to the VLC cracking sound
There are two options either wait till there is an updated build of VLC or try this workaround to get rid of the cracking sound in VLC.
- Go to Applications —> Sound & Video —> VLC Media Player.
- Then click on Settings —> Preferences.
- Expand the Audio preferences. Click on Output Modules and check the Advanced Options checkbox.
- Select the Audio Output module as Linux OSS audio output.
- Save and restart VLC. You will not hear the cracking sound anymore.
Now open the videos in VLC. You will never hear the cracking sound again.